Thursday, March 7, 2013

Novena Prayers to St. Longinus - Day 2


Novena Prayers to St. Longinus

 Prayer (2)

 

Say on second, fifth, and eighth days of a 9 day cycle, especially beginning on 6 March and ending on 14 March, the eve of the Feast of St. Longinus.

 

O Saint Longinus, I venerate you and ask you stand by me as I offer my prayer to God, that he will give me courage, for perhaps I lack it more than anything else.

 

I need courage before men against their threats and against their seductions.

 

I need courage to bear unkindness, mockery, contradiction.

 

I need courage to fight against the devil, against terrors and troubles, temptations, attractions, darkness and false lights, against tears, depression, and above all fear.

 

St Longinus with your help and strength. I will receive the Grace of God. Console me in God’s blessed Presence and grant me the courage to persevere until I am standing with you before the throne of our Lord in heaven.

 

I ask you to pray to God this special request if it be His holy will.

 

Mention your requests

 

9 Memorare

 3 Our Father

 3 Hail Mary

 3 Glory Be

 1 Apostles’ Creed

 

Almighty, Eternal God, You were pleased to make Your Church illustrious through the varied splendor of St. Longinus. As we venerate his memory, may we also follow such shining examples of virtue on earth and thus obtain merited crowns in Heaven. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

 

St Longinus Patron Saint of the Physically and Spiritually Blind, Pray for us.

 
St Longinus Patron Saint of Good Discernment, Pray for us.


Memorare

 

Remember, O most compassionate Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.

 

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I kneel, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy clemency hear and answer me. Amen.

 

OUR FATHER

 

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be

 Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done,

 on earth, as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our

 daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we

 forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us

 not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

 

HAIL MARY

 

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

 Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is

 the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

 Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,

 now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

 

GLORY BE

 

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

 

APOSTLES CREED

 

I believe in God the Father Almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth,

 and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, Who was conceived by

 the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate,

 was crucified, died, and was buried.

 He descended into Hell; the third day He arose again from the dead;

 He ascended into Heaven and is seated at the right hand of God

 the Father Almighty, from thence He shall come

 to judge the living and the dead.

 I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church,

 the Communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins,

 the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment